Junior Achievement is partnering with the Whitefish School District again this school year.
Junior Achievement is a nonprofit that partners a community volunteer with a classroom to lead short games and discussions focused on work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy. This year volunteers will be working with students in grades four and six.
Volunteers are needed to visit their partnered classroom a total of five or six times, usually once a week for five to six weeks. Each visit is about 40 to 45 minutes long. Every resource you need to lead the activities is provided to you in a kit, that includes worksheets and stickers and fun stuff the students love. The program is volunteer led, so that students hear from other perspectives and learn more about careers in their community.
To learn more, contact Carrie Pontzius by email at email@example.com.
Volunteers are needed in classrooms:
• One volunteer for an October start at Whitefish Middle School for teacher Jeanne Bristís sixth grade for JA Itís My Business prorgam. Visit six times from 2:40-3:30 p.m.
• Three volunteers needed at Muldown Elementary for Nov. 4 start for fourth-grade JA Our Region program in three classrooms. Visit a total of five times, each visit is 45 minutes. The exact visit schedule will be coordinated between volunteers and the educator.
• Two volunteers needed for a Dec. 9 start at Whitefish Middle School for sixth-grade class for JA Itís My Business. Visit six times from 2:40-3:30 p.m.
• Two volunteers needed for a Feb. 24 start for sixth-grade at middle school for JA Itís My Business. Visit six times from 2:40-3:30 p.m.
• One volunteer needed for May 4 start for sixth grade at middle school for JA Itís My Business. Visit six times from 2:40-3:30 p.m.