Enrollment is now open for Whitefish Theatre Co.’s Summer Performance Camps.
WTC is offering programs for all age groups, from kindergarten through 12th-grade. Theatre camps at WTC offer tools that promote self confidence in a supportive, creative, and dynamic environment. All camps culminate in a short 15-25 minute demonstration for family and friends on the last day of the class.
• Little Golden Books Come to Life! — Kindergarten only on July 9-13. Imagination is the only limit with so many characters to explore and stories to act out.
• Dr. Seuss is in the House! — First and second grades on July 9-13. Come explore the wonderful, crazy, zany world of Dr. Seuss through movement, voice and physical theatre games.
• Showstopper Song Workshop — Seventh through 12th grades on July 9-13. A team-taught, ensemble performance course for the dedicated musical theatre artist. Class will focus on creating dynamic musical numbers that will take an audience’s breath away while raising the student to a higher level of performance proficiency.
• Improv Troupe Madness — Sixth through 12th grades on July 9-13. Learn how to make comic gold by going with what the audience and your troupe mates give you. No one said it’s easy, but it can be hilarious.
• Monologue Workshop Intensive — Seventh through 12th grades on July 16-20. Work on beats, through lines and character objectives while developing a monologue for your professional auditioning portfolio.
• Scene It — Third through sixth grades on July 16-20. An action packed class centered around how characters work within a scene and how the scene helps create the character. Great acting intensive ... be ready to move, think and, most importantly, create.
• Costume Challenge Series — Second through fifth grades on July 16-20. Every day a new costume related challenge. There will be training for the quick change relay races, learn to make masks and take something from trash to treasure. Basic no-sew crafting or some hand sewing dependent on student.
• Costumes From the Page to the Stage — Sixth through 12th grades on July 16-20. Learn the design process, from script analysis and concept, to a finished product. Basic machine sewing and crafting. Students should bring a sketchbook for keeping track of their progress.
Instructors include Kyla Niva, Maggie Garver, Amy Beth Chisholm, Kim Krueger, Ross Bridgeman, Sarah Bell, and Jesse DeVine. All classes except Showstopper Song Workshop cost $95 to $100 if registration fees are paid before June 15. Registration fees are $115 to $120 after June 15. Registration fees for Showstopper Song Workshop are $120 if paid before June 15 and $140 if paid after June 15.
Please see WTC’s website at www.whitefishtheatreco.org for more detailed information on each camp or call 862-5371 for questions. A camp registration form is available on the WTC website.