Whitefish High School fall sports and activities begin this week. Here’s a rundown of startup dates and coach contact information.
• Football players meet Wednesday, Aug. 9 at 3:30 p.m. in the Wrestling Room. All paperwork will be collected, lockers and gear will be issued. First practice is Friday, Aug. 11 at 7:15 a.m. Meet in the locker room. Contact coach Chad Ross at email@example.com.
• Cheerleading’s first mandatory practice is Friday, Aug. 11 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the WHS cardio room. Athletes need to have all school paperwork completed and turned in to participate in practice. New Gear and lockers will be issued. Bring old poms to exchange. Contact coach Carrey Hirt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Volleyball will hold its first practice on Friday, Aug. 11 at 7 a.m. in the Whitefish High School gym. Contact is coach Jackie Fuller at email@example.com
• Cross country practice begins Friday, Aug. 11 at 7:30 a.m. at the Whitefish High School track. All students in grades 9-12 are welcome to participate. Student-athletes need to be dressed in running clothes and running shoes. All paperwork must be submitted prior to practice or at the first practice. Contact coach Richard Menicke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Golf practice begins Thursday, Aug. 10 at 4 p.m. at Whitefish Lake Golf Course driving range. All paperwork must be submitted prior to practice. Contact coach Bill Khale at email@example.com.
• Boys soccer holds its first practice, Friday, Aug. 11 at 8 a.m. at Smith Fields. Athletes must have all paperwork completed prior to practice. Bring soccer gear and water bottle. Contact coach John Lacey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Girls soccer first practice is Friday, Aug. 11 at 8 a.m. at Smith Fields. Athletes must have all paperwork prior to practice. Bring soccer gear and a water bottle. Contact coach Roland Benedict at email@example.com.
All Whitefish sports participants must have the following on file prior to practice: physical, activities consent and release form, drug testing opt-in/out form, concussion form, and an impact test with Athletic Trainer Amanda Estepp. Paperwork can be picked up from each individual program coach or at the Whitefish School District Office.